Union Public Service Commission issued the recruitment notification on 26 April 2023. The total number of 322 Assistant Commandant posts will be filled through this advertisement. The online application for the same started in April 2023 and the last date was 16 May 2023 which is already gone. The next phase is a written test which consists of Paper A and Paper B.
This recruitment is done to fill the vacant posts in Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The exam for Assistant Commandant will be held on 6th August 2023. For the exam, we have shared the official UPSC CAPF AC Syllabus & Latest UPSC CAPF AC Exam Pattern 2023.
upsc.gov.in Assistant Commandant Exam Syllabus & Pattern 2023
||Union Public Service Commission
||6th August 2023
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2023
- The written examination will be conducted in 2 papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 will carry multiple-choice questions on general ability and intelligence having four alternatives.
- Paper 2 is of descriptive type and questions are on General Studies, Essay and Comprehension.
|Number of Questions
|Type of Questions
UPSC CAPF 2023 Syllabus
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence
1. General Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Numerical Ability
- Data Interpretation
2. General Science
- General Awareness
- Scientific temper
- Appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation
- Information Technology
- Environmental Science
3. Current Events of National and International Importance
- Developmental issues
- Interplay among Nation
4. Indian Polity and Economy
- Constitution of India
- Social systems
- Public administration
- Economic Development in India
- Regional and international security issues
- Human rights including its indicators
5. History of India
- Social, Economic and Political aspects
- Nationalism and Freedom Movement
6. Indian and World Geography
- Social and Economic
- Geography of India and the World
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Part-A (80 Marks/Essay)
- Freedom struggle
- Knowledge of security
- Human rights issues
- Analytical ability
Part B (120 Marks)
- Précis writing.
- Communication/language skills.
- Developing counter-arguments.
- Simple grammar.
- Other aspects.
UPSC CAPF Physical Efficiency Test (PET) Details
|100 Meter Race
|800 Meter Race
||3 Minutes 45 Seconds
||4 Minutes 45 Seconds
||3.5 Meters (3 Chances)
||3.0 Meters (3 Chances)
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)